English Jamb Past Questions – English JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board) Past Questions serve as essential tools for individuals preparing for this critical examination. They play a pivotal role in aiding candidates in their quest for successful admission into tertiary institutions. These past questions are valuable resources that actively engage students in comprehensive exam preparation. By practicing with English JAMB Past Questions, candidates can familiarize themselves with the exam’s format, question types, and time constraints, equipping them with the skills and confidence needed to excel on the actual test day.
Furthermore, these past questions provide a practical avenue for self-assessment, enabling students to identify their strengths and weaknesses in various areas of the English language. This self-awareness is crucial for targeted and efficient study, ensuring that candidates focus their efforts on areas where improvement is needed most. Ultimately, English JAMB Past Questions serve as a vital stepping stone toward securing admission into higher education institutions, a pivotal milestone in the academic and career journey of many individuals.
What is English Jamb Past Questions:
Let us begin by explaining the past question and what it is all about. English Jamb Past Questions is the compilation of all the English questions that jamb has given to candidates to answer over the years and it is presented in pdf format. We have made it very simple, portable, and affordable such that every student can get it or download it as long as they have access to the smartphone. Therefore, English Jamb Past Questions is what every intending jamb candidate needs to pass the examination well.
All those who have bought our past questions have been giving testimonies of how it helped them. We are very sure it is going to help you as well. When you get this past question it will definitely help you to score higher than your competitors and give you an edge over them.
With our original English Jamb Past Questions, you are going to be coming out with flying colors smiling. This English Jamb Past Question comes to you through your email address or Whatsapp once you make payments to purchase it. The downloadable format is going to be in softcopy, you can either choose to download it and read with your android phone or laptop and at your own convenience – wherever and whenever.
Check out some of the reasons why you should purchase the English Jamb Past Questions. And also, see how to make payments below.
English Jamb Past Questions Patterned
This past question is patterned based on the exam type. jamb past questions for English comprise of multi-choice questions only. We have made it very easy for you. we bring all the questions for many years and put them together but we indicate the specific years of their occurrence. We provide the correct answers in order to save your time. All you need to do is to devote quality time to study the Jamb English Past Questions and watch yourself change the narrative by scoring better than you expected in the jamb examination.
Why You Need English Jamb Past Questions
You need this past question for numerous reasons. They are;
It will also expose you to the questions that have been asked years back as most of those questions and answers get repeated every year while some will just be rephrased. So if you don’t have a copy of this past question, then you are losing out.
- It, however, provides useful information about the types of questions to expect and helps you prevent unpleasant surprises.
- You will be able to detect and answer repeated questions quickly and easily.
- You will be able to find out the number of questions you will see in the exams.
- This past question has already be solved with their answers arranged accordingly.
English Jamb Past Questions Sample
In other to know that we are giving out the original English Jamb Past Questions, we have decided to give you some free samples as proof of what we said earlier.
From the following questions 16-25, select the option that best explains the information conveyed in the sentence.
- One of the referees shall sign here
A. It is desirable that one of the referees signs here
B. It is reasonable that one of the referees signs here
C. It is obligatory that one of the referees signs here
D. It is advisable that one of these referees signs here
- There is no written law on this issues, the doctor will rely of thumb
A. The rector will rely on information received
B. The rector will rely on his position
C. The rector will rely on sheer sentiment
D. The rector will rely on his experience
- The principal opened the letter in error
A. It was wrong but he intended to do it
B. He did it unknowingly
C. He was right to do so officially
D. It was done in order to teach the owner a lesson
- Everyone but Nick was late to the meeting
A. Everyone except Nick came in time
B. Everyone including Nick did not come in time
C. Only Nick did not come in time
D. Only Nick came in time
- They must have been working for hour by now
A. They will have to go on working for hours
B. They have certainly worked continuously for hours
C. They have now stopped working
D. They had been obliged to work continuously for hours
- Mrs. Ahmed made the promise with her tongue in her check
A. She should not be taken seriously
B. She was shy as she spoke
C. She could not be heard because her tongue was hidden
D. She should not be believed because of the special way made the promise.
- The cashier attends the board meeting sparingly
A. He attends the meeting quite often
B. He seldom attends the meeting
C. He attends the meeting regularly
D. He attends the meeting unwillingly
- When he was presented with a huge estimate for the project
manager hit the roof
A. He became very suspicious
B. He threw an object to the roof
C. He became very angry
D. He ordered the project to be started at once
- Youth see the world through rose-coloured spectacle
A. They look at the world with spectacles in rose colours
B. They view life over-optimistically
C. They see the world as serious
D. They are happy with life
- If you (master J) were around Lazarus would not have died
A. The master was around and Lazarus did not die
B. the master was not around and Lazarus did not die
C. Lazarus actually died when the master was not around
D. Lazarus died even though the master was around
From the following Questions 26 to 35, Choose the option Opposite in meaning to the word or phrase in italics.
- Our Economy is now Buoyant
- unfavourable B. bleak gloomy D. depressed
- The House of Assembly ratifiedthe controversial bill
A. reviewed B authenticated C. Corroborated D. Standardized
- Our school was invadedby some militant boys
A. defended B. destroyed C. attacked D. built
- One should guard against making sacrilegiousremix
A. impious B. reverent C. Blasphemous D. reverential
- My mother is very daring
A. Intrepid B. timid C. adventurous D. rash
- In writing, we must choose appropriatewords to express our
A. close B. ineffective Capt D. unsuitable
- The Supreme Court quashedthe judgment of the lower court
A. criticized B. commended C. annulled D. upheld
- The girl was in ebullientmood
A. joyous B delightful C dull D. stressful
- The engineer had inadvertently pushed the wrong button
A consciously B. conscientiously C. carelessly D. rightly
- The recently released musical album was considered obsceneby many music fans
A. polite B. pleasant Charmless D. decent
In each of questions 36 – 44, choose the option nearet in meaning to the word or phrase in italics
- Musa will buy the house regardless of our complaints
A. mindful of B. out of concern for C. irrespective of D. in consideration of
- The governor was able to redressthe injustice done to the farmers
A restore B. explain C aggravate D. remedy
- The ostensible reason for his failure was his refusal to study
A apparent H. plan Cvisible D. open
- He became melancholic when he was told he had not won the
A disgruntled B. dejected C, defeated D. defiant
- Mrs. Adebayo put forward a preposterous suggestion
A reasonable B. an absurd a great D, an obscurial
- The General manager willgive up workat the end of this month.
A retire B. Resign C. Surrender D. Withdraw
- I have confidence in here
A. hope in B. doubt in C. dependence on D. Intimacy with
- The man was delegatedby the government to investigate the matter
A. nominated B. deployed C. commanded D. employed
- Adaora is quite inflexible when she has made up her mind
A. unpersuasive B, stiff unyielding D. stationery
From the following questions 45 – 54, choose the option that Best Complete the gap(s)
- After three consecutive months without pay at work, we are beginning to feel the A. consequence B. crunch C. pain D. poverty E. result
- Poor feeding causes ___ in children
- malfunction malediction C. malnutrition D. maladjustment E. malaria
- ___ evidence contradicted what had earlier stated in
A. comprehensive B. oral C. given D. voluntary E. forced
- The unlucky woman often ___ operation to be delivered of her babies
A. undergoes B. overgoes C. understudies
D. underwrites E. over studies
- If you don’t have all that you need for your cookery lesson you should
A. assimilate B. constitute C. improvise D. invent E. renovate
- Though Chike has been ___ his colleagues believe that
he committed the crime.
A. authenticated B. convicted C. pardoned D. Exonerated E. sentenced
How to Buy
The complete English Jamb Past Questions with accurate answers is N2,000.
To purchase this past question, Please chat with the Whatsapp number 08162517909 to check availability before you proceed to make Payment.
After payment, send the (1) proof of payment, (2) course of study, (3) name of past questions paid for and (4) email address to Ifiokobong (Examsguru) at Whatsapp: 08162517909. We will send the past questions to your email address.Pastquestions.com.ng
How are you sure we will deliver the past question to you after payment.
Our services are based on honesty and integrity. That is why we are very popular.
For us (ExamsGuru Team), we have been in business since 2012 and have been delivering honest and trusted services to our valued customers.
Since we started, we have not had any negative comments from our customers, instead, all of them are happy with us.
Our past questions and answers are original and from the source. So, your money is in the right hand and we promise to deliver it once we confirm your payment.
Each year, thousands of students gain admission into their schools of choice with the help of our past questions and answers.
7 Tips to Prepare for WAEC English Exams
- Don’t make reading your hobby: A lot of people put reading as a hobby in their CV, they might be right because they have finished schooling. But “You” are still schooling, so reading should be in top priority and not as a hobby. Read far and wide to enhance your level of aptitude
- Get Exams Preparation Materials: These involve textbooks, dictionaries, Babcock University Post UTME Past Questions and Answers, mock questions, and others. These materials will enhance your mastering of the scope of the exams you are expecting.
- Attend Extramural Classes: Register and attend extramural classes at your location. This class will not only help you refresh your memory but will boast your classroom understanding and discoveries of new knowledge.
- Sleep when you feel like: When you are preparing for any exams, sleeping is very important because it helps in the consolidation of memory. Caution: Only sleep when you feel like it and don’t oversleep.
- Make sure you are healthy: Sickness can cause excessive feelings of tiredness and fatigue and will not allow you to concentrate on reading. If you are feeling as if you are not well, report to your parent, a nurse, or a doctor. Make sure you are well.
- Eat when you feel like: During the exam preparation period, you are advised not to overeat, so as to avoid sleep. You need to eat little and light food whenever you feel like eating. Eat more of fruits, drink milk and glucose. This will help you to enhance retention.
- Reduce your time in social media: Some people live their entire life on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Messenger chat. This is so bad and catastrophic if you are preparing for exams. Try and reduce your time spent on social media during this time. Maybe after the exams, you can go back and sleep in it.
If you like these tips, consider sharing them with your friends and relatives. Do you have a question or comments? Put it on the comment form below. We will be pleased to hear from you and help you to score as high as possible.myPastQuestion.com.
We wish you good luck!