English Jamb Past Questions and Answers pdf – An English JAMB Past Questions and Answers PDF is a valuable resource for individuals preparing for the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination in Nigeria. JAMB is a pivotal standardized test that determines entry into tertiary institutions in the country. This PDF compilation comprises a comprehensive collection of past English language examination questions and their corresponding answers, serving as a crucial aid for prospective candidates.
These past questions provide aspiring students with an authentic glimpse into the format and types of questions frequently encountered in the English section of the JAMB exam. By studying these questions and answers, candidates can enhance their exam preparedness, build confidence, and refine their test-taking skills. Moreover, it enables them to identify recurring themes, question patterns, and areas of strength and weakness.
In the competitive landscape of JAMB, this PDF guide is an indispensable tool to secure a solid foundation in English language proficiency and increase the chances of attaining a successful outcome in this critical examination.
How is English Past Questions Patterned?
As is customary in jamb exams on all subjects, Jamb English past question follows the multi-choice pattern. Questions are given in the company of 3-4 suggested answers and the candidate is expected to choose the most appropriate option from the stream of options.
We have made it simple for you. We bring all the questions which is usually in the objective pattern. We have put them together but we indicate the specific years for every question and the correct answers in order to save your time. All you need to do is to devote quality time to study the Past Questions.
Why you need Jamb Past Questions and Answers for English
As a candidate that is determined to make it in the exams, you do not need to be motivated to get a copy of the past question. But in any case, we have decided to show you some of the benefits of getting this past question. See below.
– It Helps you improve on your speed;
The speed at which you will answer questions in the actual exams after having studied this past question will definitely be different from the one you would have used without having studied the past question. This is because as you constantly study the past question, you get used to the terms and as soon as it occurs in the exams, you quickly spot the answer and move on to the next question. This will continue until you are done answering the questions.
Most students sometimes lose marks not necessarily because they do not have answers to the questions but because they run out of time. I know I mentioned that you can use past questions books but there is only one way you can check your speed and that is with the Past Questions.
-You can explore and master answers to the questions
Questions that otherwise would have confused you in the exam hall will not get you sweating because you have the chance to find answers while solving past questions. It is important to take time to check the answers to the questions you solve them.
SECTION A COMPREHENSION
Read the following passages carefully and answer the questions which follow
When Mr Appiah looked at the two happy faces of his nephews, he forgot about his aching feet and smiled. He had spent the whole day showing Asare and Attah, who came from the village, around Accra. He was satisfied that they were happy. It was not until they were seated on a bench in the public garden that he realized how hot, tired and dusty he was.
It was a long time since he had walked so much. Like many other successful men, Mr Appiah had acquired the habit of going everywhere in his car, so that day‟s sight-seeing expedition had worn him out.
„Well, what do you think of Accra?‟ He asked the boys.
„Oh!‟ exclaimed Attah. „it‟s a wonderful place!‟
„I didn‟t imagine any place could be like this, Uncle‟ said Asare, „Everything is so splendid. The roads are very wide and the buildings magnificent‟.
„Boys, don‟t get the wrong impression. Today youve seen the best parts of our city, but there are bad areas with buildings falling apart, narrow streets and insanitary conditions. However, these buildings are being demolished, said Mr. Appiah.
1. Mr Appiah was hot, tired and dusty because ………..
A. he had gone to bring his nephews from the village. B. he had taken his nephews to the high buildings
C. he had shown the boys around the city of Accra.
D. he had helped them to demolish the buildings
E. he had been satisfied that the boys were happy
2. Where were the boys living before visiting Accra?
A. In the high buildings
B. In the village
C. In the big houses
D. In the public gardens
E. In the building falling apart.
3. Everything is so splendid means everything is …………..
A. satisfactory B. magnificent C. important
4. According to the passage many successful men are used to ………..
A. walking around Accra
B. bringing their nephews from the village to Accra
C. going on sight-seeing in the city of Accra
D. talking with boys in the public gardens
E. riding in cars wherever they go
5. Which of the following statements is not true according to the passage?
A. Every part of the city is wonderful and splendid
B. Mr Appiah normally rides in his car
C. Asare and Attah are in Accra for the first time
D. The boys rested in the public gardens
E. The boys as well as Mr Appiah must have been hot, tired and dusty
6. Insanitary conditions in the last paragraph means ………….
A. some people in Accra are insane
B. some places in Accra are dirty and unclean C. insanitary is seen in all conditions in the city D. unsatisfactory reports about the city
E. there are many sanitary inspectors in Accra
7. Demolished as used in the passage means
A. replaced B. repaired C. painted
D. pulled down
E. hire out
How to Buy
The complete English Jamb Past Questions and Answers pdf with accurate answers is N2,000.
To purchase this past question, Please chat with the Whatsapp number 08162517909 to check availability before you proceed to make Payment.
After payment, send the (1) proof of payment, (2) course of study, (3) name of past questions paid for and (4) email address to Ifiokobong (Examsguru) at Whatsapp: 08162517909. We will send the past questions to your email address.Pastquestions.com.ng
How are you sure we will deliver the past question to you after payment.
Our services are based on honesty and integrity. That is why we are very popular.
For us (ExamsGuru Team), we have been in business since 2012 and have been delivering honest and trusted services to our valued customers.
Since we started, we have not had any negative comments from our customers, instead, all of them are happy with us.
Our past questions and answers are original and from the source. So, your money is in the right hand and we promise to deliver it once we confirm your payment.
Each year, thousands of students gain admission into their schools of choice with the help of our past questions and answers.
7 Tips to Prepare for Jamb English Exams
- Don’t make reading your hobby: A lot of people put reading as a hobby in their CV, they might be right because they have finished schooling. But “You” are still schooling, so reading should be in top priority and not as a hobby. Read far and wide to enhance your level of aptitude
- Get Exams Preparation Materials: These involve textbooks, dictionaries, Babcock University Post UTME Past Questions and Answers, mock questions, and others. These materials will enhance your mastering of the scope of the exams you are expecting.
- Attend Extramural Classes: Register and attend extramural classes at your location. This class will not only help you refresh your memory but will boast your classroom understanding and discoveries of new knowledge.
- Sleep when you feel like: When you are preparing for any exams, sleeping is very important because it helps in the consolidation of memory. Caution: Only sleep when you feel like it and don’t oversleep.
- Make sure you are healthy: Sickness can cause excessive feelings of tiredness and fatigue and will not allow you to concentrate on reading. If you are feeling as if you are not well, report to your parent, a nurse, or a doctor. Make sure you are well.
- Eat when you feel like: During the exam preparation period, you are advised not to overeat, so as to avoid sleep. You need to eat little and light food whenever you feel like eating. Eat more of fruits, drink milk and glucose. This will help you to enhance retention.
- Reduce your time in social media: Some people live their entire life on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Messenger chat. This is so bad and catastrophic if you are preparing for exams. Try and reduce your time spent on social media during this time. Maybe after the exams, you can go back and sleep in it.
If you like these tips, consider sharing them with your friends and relatives. Do you have a question or comments? Put it on the comment form below. We will be pleased to hear from you and help you to score as high as possible.myPastQuestion.com.
We wish you good luck!